Re: [CQ-Contest] long callsigns

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] long callsigns
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:49:51 EDT
Somebody somewhere can make a callsign as long as they like, like HA800IARU
or TG0FRACAP.  There's no limit.

With stock calls I'd think the limit would be a 2x3 portable in a 2x1  prefix
county, like VP2V/WB2ABC.  Then add /P, /AE, etc. to taste.

Maybe some day we'll have calls that just duplicate our favorite encryption
key, like K8<insert your 128 character PGP key>. In digital contests,  that
could be quite an encouragement to get the call right.  Forget about 3  qso
penalties - if you can't copy the callsign/encryption key correctly,  you can't
exchange the information!

73  -  Jim   K8MR