[CQ-Contest] Wrap up: Callsign Logging When Location is Exchanged

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wrap up: Callsign Logging When Location is Exchanged
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:02:40 -0700 (PDT)
Someone asked me in a personal e-mail, how I judged
the quality of the answers to an Internet-based
inquiry.  I replied by saying that I value Internet
based replies as being simply "additional input from
diverse sources" and that I use them as insights
only...forming my own independent opinion.

In fact, this excersize ended up being exactly that.
There is no right or wrong answer...simply
opportunities to gather insight from others with
different experiences.  It has helped me greatly, and
I thank you all sincerely.

For this last round...thanks specifically to
"Tripple-T" Dave, Mario and Mike for helping me to
land where I needed to.

It appears that my initial thoughts were sound: as
long as there is no contest-uniqueness embedded in the
callsign's "/" indicators *and* the contests' sponsor
will parse and match logs correctly (not "ding"
someone for submitting VE3/W2AAA vs. W2AAA), then the
strategy of ignoring "/" in the logfile is a sound
one.

...now returning the list to 'normal' (you may define
that yourself <g>) operation...

Warm regards,
Ev Tupis, W2EV