Re: [CQ-Contest] [Yaesu] Best rigs on low band noise

To: "John Geiger" <ne0p@lcisp.com>, <dx-list@yahoogroups.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>, "ICOM Reflector" <icom@mailman.qth.net>,<kenwood@mailman.qth.net>, <yaesu@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [Yaesu] Best rigs on low band noise
From: "vision2000" <vision2000@acepaging.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:01:30 -0400

Hi John,

If time is on your side, look out for either an FT1000mp, the FT1000mpMK5 or
the field version. you can often see these rigs without filters on the used
market for about your budget.

Apart from these rigs, I also have a soft spot for the Kenwood TS850sAT. With
that one, you'll need a 12v PS and at least a couple filters depending on what
modes you prefer.

But IMHO the FT1kmp varients with that 2nd RX is a killer in the low bands
which require lots of split operation as well.

Regards,

Dean - 8P6SH

--
AceMail