Re: [CQ-Contest] SAC - WW RTTY

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SAC - WW RTTY
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:35:06 +0200
Well everything is relative someone once stated.
For the first time in 30 years I did try RTTY
contesting, go figure why!
Just for fun I worked almost 500 Q´s and I was
only active some hours during daytime, I must
say there is tremendous activity on RTTY these
days.
Now I have to refine my RTTY setup to be able to
make some kind a score in the future. This time
I just did throw in a RTTY program into the laptop
and connected 2 cables to the radio and started
to operate, didn´t even have a logging program
set up so had to log on paper, gee what a deal!
However the sad part is the undiciplined  operating
practise mainly from Europeean stations but ofcourse
that´s no news these days.
Even at 66 degs north I found propagation decent
and I must have worked around 10 PY stations,
mainly on 15 meters, some where 10-15 dB over S9
so not too bad.

73 Jim SM2EKM