[CQ-Contest] Titanex V8030

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Titanex V8030
From: "Jim Martin - MM0BQI" <MM0BQI@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:53:45 +0100
I am considering purchase of the above complete with Titanex tuning unit to add
to the portable contest station antennas.
Does anyone have experience of this model, performance, radial requirements,
mounting height  etc?  Should I expect much better performance than the HF2V
currently in use?
Although it does not cover topband is there an efficient way to modify it
temporarily to give us at least acceptable performance on this band?
Any other thoughts, comments or web links would be very much appreciated.  The
Titanex website gives very little information and a web search returned only 12
pages.
Thanks
Jim,  MM0BQI