Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Cert. Renewal

To: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Cert. Renewal
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:21:22 -0700
What happens if someone makes a download to the old call sign?  Is LOTW
smart enough to know to match it to the new call sign?  Or does the
download get lost?
I still get QSL's via the Buro for my old K6 call that I changed to a K7
call two years ago.

Bill Coleman wrote:

>On Oct 11, 2005, at 4:37 PM, John Bastin K8AJS wrote:
>

>>I have another certificate for an old callsign that expires in
>>December. I'll see what happens with that one.
>>

>Why would you need to renew a certificate for an old callsign? Once
>you've uploaded all the QSOs for that callsign, you might as well let
>the certificate expire. There's no reason to renew it.
>
>You only need to keep current certificates for callsigns for which
>you still intend to upload QSOs.
>

>Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@arrl.net
>Quote: "Not within a thousand years will man ever fly!"
>             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com