Re: [CQ-Contest] 2x1 calls for contesters in Canada

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2x1 calls for contesters in Canada
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:23:56 EDT
Good progress!

I wonder if the calls once assigned will be reserved for the same station, or
reissued as paid for?

The big problem with single letter suffix calls is that it messes up the
QSLing and identification of who is who, if they are issued just for one
occasion.
Messy and reluctance of using them in US by contesters.

The best system would be to assign single letter suffix permanently to
contest station, based on say 5 years of top scoring in international contests.
Either as replacement for old callsign, or as special call used only in
contests.
Some "developing" countries do that. We are so sophisticated that our big
governments can't understand that. There are enough combinations to cover
serious
contesters and it eliminates problems of where does QSL for this QSO go this
year. Maybe someday!

Yuri, K3BU.us
ex VA1A, VC1A