Re: [CQ-Contest] An Innocent Question... (Tesla Cup)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An Innocent Question... (Tesla Cup)
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:04:31 EDT
In a message dated 10/19/2005 2:02:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ku8e@bellsouth.net writes:
>>....I would like to see more major contests sponsored by someone who is not
a publishing company. It would be neat to have an independent sponsor - like
the Sprint used to be before the ARRL acquired
NCJ. Maybe a bunch of the major contest clubs could get together to sponsor a
major DX contest that would be fair and biased ??<<<

Appreciate the comments Jeff.
 I have tried hard at the onset, after ARRL and CQ did not want to support
it, I tried with YCCC and FRC, but looks like too busy hammering each other.
Unfortunately I was swamped with real life QRL and could not devote the time
and
resources to push it as hard as I would like. We are getting our affairs more
less organized and I hope that I will be back and with help of those who see
the benefits, we should get it off the ground and running.

As far as date, we tried to have it around equinox when condx are good for N
and S hemisphere. September had five weekends and there is a window every few
years. Figured maybe good time to exercise before the CQ WW season. Doesn't
matter what weekend you pick, there is some other contest going on. We tried to
have CW and SSB segments so to minimize the QRM to others.

I think Internet and contesters have matured, so we will try to center it
around web site (TeslaRadio.org), get some nice trophies and sponsors, do the
quick log processing and posting of results.  2006 is the Tesla's 150 birthday
anniversary, praying for his help too.

73  Yuri, K3BU.us