[CQ-Contest] CQ Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Contests
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:07:30 -0400
Dear OM,

I have been hoping to donate my shack to a contester from the Gulf
area that lost everything but still would like to operate in one
of  the upcoming contests. (I have been there with 5 hurricanes over
the past decade and know what it like to lose everything including
two houses...and it is always just before just before the contest
season.). This year we were spared any hurricanes or tropical
storms.) Apart from donations to the Red Cross I want to try a direct
method to help a ham that may be in the same situation I have been in
so many times before.

My location specialty is the low bands with 6 Beverages which work
well on 160-40 meters.  I also have a A3 at 75 feet along with a wire
antennas and verticals for 80 and 40 transmit. The 160 meter transmit
antenna is the 75 foot tower is a 25 foot stinger above the A3  and
plenty of radials. A write up on QTH, replete with pictures is
available online  at www.G3RCG.com by selecting the KP2 trip.  I have
a efficiency apartment next to the ham shack. If you bring members of
your family along I also have some comp rooms at a local four star
hotel a few miles up the beach that you can have for them as needed.

My only problem is that every time I try to post this message on this
reflector I get an immediate bounce notice saying my header has an
invalid character.  I have tried several different browser and
connections but no joy  I am hoping one of the hams that I forward
this message to will be so kind as to try and forward it on to an
appropriate dx or contesting list.

I get instant bounces from dx-list@yahoo.com and cq-contest@contesting.com

Please contact me directly if you are interested and need a contest location.

73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
Box 24261
Christiansted, VI 00824