[CQ-Contest] Icom Radio Interface- Piexx CIVUSB

To: <secc@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Icom Radio Interface- Piexx CIVUSB
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:26:59 -0400
Hi All..

If you remember a few weeks back I had posted a message about trying to
interface my Icom 756PRO to the computer.
I had bought a used CT-17 from a guy but it I never could get it to work. It
might of been just DOA. I got a refund on that
and was about ready to build my own interface when I ran into the Piexx webpage
and the Icom CIV interface that they now manufacture.
It sells for $59. It's a real bargain Vs well over $120 for a new CT17. The
other nice thing about it is it uses one of
your USB ports in your computer so you can keep your COM port open for other
uses like a RTTY interface or controlling
another radio. Ordered one about a week ago and got it in a few days. It comes
with all the cables and a CD with the driver software
for the USB port.  So far it works great. For info check out
http://www.piexx.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=18

Jeff KU8E