Re: [CQ-Contest] Mode Specificity [was: WW SSB]

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Mode Specificity [was: WW SSB]
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:58:42 -0800 (PST)
> W2EV> Are there any HF events for which mode is not
> a factor at all?

Several folks have mentioned "Field Day".
Interestingly, mode is a factor there, too.  You can
actually make three QSO's with the same station on the
same frequency band: phone, CW and "any other digital
mode".

I guess mode-specificity is an HF contesting
phenomena.  I'm not saying that it's bad, I simply
find it fascinating.  My frame of reference is that of
a VHF contester where the idea is to log a station
once without regard as to mode used.

On the other hand, I wonder what the January VHF SS
would be like if I could work the same station three
times. :)

Thanks for the info, guys.

Ev, W2EV