Re: [CQ-Contest] How low will they go?

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How low will they go?
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:19:58 -0800 (PST)
I heard many stations CQing far below 7010.
The absolute winner was P40W - I heard him within a good hour on 7003.0.
Wonder if Aruba's bandplan allows to operate SSB from CW DX edge?
Also, many US stations were working Split and listening on 7010 - 7003.
I probably missing something... Since when are we allowed to work SSB from CW
segment?
Never heard any station working below 14100, or 21100.
73's Andrei EW1AR-NC2N (was V49A in CQ WW SSB)

Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:
I was amazed just now to hear VY2** CQing on 7017.3. Surely this is too low for
SSB, even by recent standards. I know it's a voluntary bandplan, but sheesh.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on 23 October 2005
Over 3000 contest stations at