[CQ-Contest] CQing is only for big guns - NOT! (Was QRPers)

To: "James Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQing is only for big guns - NOT! (Was QRPers)
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 21:00:01 -0600
Considering I'm a peanut whistle in the worst way, 100 watts into an MA5B at
30 feet and an HF6V on the ground, and was still able to run quite well on
the weekend, hitting rates of 84, 72 and 96 an hour, I simply can't agree
that running is only for the big guns.

Considering a recent ARRL DX CW low power record was set with just an R8, I
simply can't agree that running is only for the big guys.

Considering that three years ago, I placed fifth in ARRL SS Phone LP from a
station with only one tower only 42 feet high... I think you get my point.

In SS last weekend, I pulled down 319 Qs on 40 with just my Butterstick in
the mud.

The vast majority of my 627 Qs were from CQing.

Anybody can run. Just ask any of the Q-class guys on the weekend who did.

If you believe you can't do something, you will prove yourself right.

73, kelly
ve4xt