Re: [CQ-Contest] SS...Does it need a fix?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS...Does it need a fix?
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 05:41:33 -0500
Cqtestk4xs wrote: "Hell no!  Any idiot, once you copy the call, doesn't even
have to copy the exchange in WW.  NA is a little more challenging.  But SS,
that's a manly exchange.  It is the killer of exchanges to copy."

I usually take exception to being called an "idiot", however, I know better!
The simpler the exchange, the more chance of attracting "new blood",
especially in CW contests? I usually make 100-200 contacts in SSCW, and
really couldn't care less what the other station is sending, as I have no
intent of submitting a log! The other station gets the point(s), and I get
the opportunity to practice copying CW, without interfering with the other
station(s) rate. IMHO, there is a sufficient amount of contests, available,
regardless of mode, to keep everyone happy, without trying to fix what isn't
broken!

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW