Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 35, Issue 66

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 35, Issue 66
From: "Doug Grant" <k1dg@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:48:07 -0000
> kenharker@kenharker.com wrote:

>> ... what other schools are represented out there in Contestland?
>
> The University of Texas has produced several well-known contesters,
> including
> two editors of the _NCJ_, and (we think) more WRTC contestants than any
> other college or university in the United States:
>
> http://n5xu.ae.utexas.edu/history/contesting.shtml

A relatively obscure state engineering college in Massachusetts has also
been reasonably productive. Lowell Tech (later Univ of Lowell, now
University of Mass. - Lowell), home of now-defunct club station WA1JUY,
produced K1RX (current president of YCCC, and solid M2 & MM station in DX
contests), as well as well-known contesters K1AR and K1DG.

And as far as WRTC goes, if you're counting total "alumni appearances", I
think Lowell wins with (so far), since AR and I have each been to the dance
4 times.

73,

Doug K1DG (Lowell Tech '75)