[CQ-Contest] real time score reporting

To: "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>,"YCCC" <yccc@yccc.org>, <N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] real time score reporting
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:39:35 -0000
During ss ssb and cw we ran some tests between n1mm logger and wa7bnm's web
site testing the idea for using xml to do real time score reporting.  It
worked very nicely with a small group trying it out.  I still don't want to
say its ready for everyone to jump in, but it is interesting and if you have
time during the cqww cw contest you may want to take a look.

The results page is at:
http://www.hornucopia.com/realscores.php
to see what the xml looks like you can click on the 'xml link' to the right
of the line score.

To see the current state of the xml specification and how to sign up for a
discussion list about it you can read more at:
http://www.hornucopia.com/xml4contestresults.html

If you are adventurous and want to try contributing your score I have a
rather crude application you can try.  I won't guarantee it will run on all
machines since it needs some vb libraries and I'm not going to build a real
installer for it at this point, I know it works on machines that have n1mm
logger installed and it might work on others depending on what else you may
have installed.  You can download the user packet at:
http://www.k1ttt.net/software/realtimescore.zip
Note there are 2 readme files in the zip file.  Readme_n1mm.txt is for n1mm
logger users who want to use the automatic upload.  Readme_manual.txt is for
manual users who want to try posting their score manually.

If you are a software developer you can get the source at:
http://www.k1ttt.net/software/realtimescore_source.zip

Everyone should note that this is just for testing and demo now, the xml
specification is in flux and that will require the application to change.
So don't expect what you download now to work for any more than this one
weekend.

If you do use it and have a problem or comment (on the application, not
about the web site or xml itself) please send them to me directly instead of
to the reflector.

As usual this weekend the k1ttt contest cam will be operating at:
http://www.k1ttt.net/webcam/score.html
where you can track our score breakdown and watch the operation.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net