[CQ-Contest] zero pointers part 2

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers part 2
From: "Rick Dougherty" <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:23:28 -0500
Hi All...well I have really gotten a lot of interest in this subject...it's
running 2:1 in favor of something different than what we have now...whats fair,
I really don't know...I don't think it will decrease or lessen the  flavor of
CQWW any at all...the score increase I would receive from nearly 600 zero
pointers would have been somewhere around 500,000 points...that is of course is
dependent on the number of qso's and mults I end up with...this increase would
not have changed my position in the final scoring very much...is it really fair
to be peanalized for being a "nice guy" and working so many zero pointers?

1. I don't think as some have proposed that each station should start off the
contest with credit for his/her own country and zone..
2. I really like the proposal by Ted W4NZ...a lot of consideration went into it
and it is a fair way to accomplish the right thing..
3. I don't want to enforce a "DX Only" attitude with the op's manning my
station...it doesn't help in the long run
4. I am simply asking for credit where credit is due...I want to work DX
also...don't penalize my station for being "nice guy" and giving out
qso's...weaker EU's could be calling at same time and could leave the frequency
after one or two calls, while I am working zero pointers..

Back to Net
de Ric NQ4I