Re: [RFI] RFI to or from LCD or Plasma Large Screen TV's?

To: "Wendell Wyly - W5FL" <wendell@wyly.org>,"RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI to or from LCD or Plasma Large Screen TV's?
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:24:25 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: rfi-bounces@contesting.com On Behalf Of Wendell Wyly - W5FL
I also see plasma TV's being offered at Class A (coml) and Class B
(Residential), but all LCD large screen TV's seem to be Class B.  Not
sure
how they can sell non class B systems to residential users, but I
suspect
they are considerably worse RFI generators.
-----------------------------------

Has anyone else noticed this trend?

What I think happens with new products like these is they rush to get a
product out on the market and only worry about meeting the first level
of EMI regs so they can market it ahead of competition.  Then while they
start getting the big bucks from the sales of the higher than
normal-priced products, they work out the EMI problems so they can meet
the residential EMI regs.  After that, the proce drops and the new
models are sold which meet the lower EMI emissions limits.

In other words, the folks that can afford all the newest toys are
actually buying the junkiest stuff EMI-wise.

I seen this in other non-consumer related products as well.

73, de ed -K0iL

Public Power District's confidential and proprietary information and is for use
only by the intended recipient.  Unless explicitly stated otherwise, this
e-mail is not a contract offer, amendment, nor acceptance.  If you are not the
intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or
taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.</p>