Re: [CQ-Contest] conditions for 10m

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] conditions for 10m
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:14:24 -0800
     This opening happens every year in the ARRL 10 Meter Contest, as far as I
can tell, although it's never happened on both days of the same contest for
me.  The following are my observations from station K5TR in Central Texas
for the past five years:

2005 Sunday
  first QSO: 1721 UTC
  last QSO: 1831 UTC
  nine QSOs total: OH, SM, LA, GM, TF

2004 Saturday
  first QSO: 2003 UTC
  last QSO: 2103 UTC
  four QSOs total: GM, LA, SM, YL

2003 Sunday
  first QSO: 1728 UTC
  last QSO: 2142 UTC
  four QSOs total: OH, SM, YL, UA

2002 Saturday
  first QSO: 2009 UTC
  last QSO: 2009 UTC
  one QSO total: OH

2001: short path was open to Europe the entire time this opening is
      likely to occur, so I can't really distinguish this special
      opening from the general F2 short path opening in the log.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com