[CQ-Contest] Young Contesters, Unite!

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Young Contesters, Unite!
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:29:32 -0800
Hi folks,

Now is the time for Young Contesters (YCs) to make their application to
WRTC-2006.  And it is also the time for all good Old Contesters (OCs) to
help them do it!  Our youthful competitors need your encouragement,
reminders, exhortations, and assistance to get their scores on the
application forms and submitted to the WRTC-2006 committee by Dec 31st.

Assuming the YCs are aware of WRTC-2006 and the three YC teams, they may be
holding back thinking, "Oh, I could never get picked" or "My scores aren't
so good."  OCs do you remember when you were a YC and just getting started?
Surely there is a YC in your club or community that would benefit by your
taking notice and helping them apply.  If nothing else, your help will show
them that the contest community does recognize them and values their
participation.  They don't have to be in the Top Ten or even to have
participated in every contest!

So think about the under-21 contesters in your area and make sure they know
about WRTC-2006 and make their application!  Brazil is not an impossible
goal - but it will be if they don't apply.  Give them a hand, OCs!

73, Ward N0AX