[CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria - Was WRTC 2006 - Where are allthe

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria - Was WRTC 2006 - Where are allthe people?
From: Dan Craig N6MJ <n6mj@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:02:38 -0800
K6LA wrote:

 >As far as the US West entries go, N6MJ is ahead of me by 17.15 points.
 >Four of his best 8 contests for WRTC consideration are from the 4 hour
 >NA Sprint.  Only one of mine is. So for operating 12 hours, Dan gets
 >about 50 points on me for my 100+ hours of operating in more popular
 >(by entries) contests.  This is not to denigrate Dan's contesting
 >skills in any way. It is just an  example of what I perceive as the
 >inherent lack of fairness in the selection  criteria. I'll have to
wait >and see if there is another higher scoring US West entry that
bounces >me from #2.

Ken fails to mention that 5 of his 8 scores are from his VY2TT/SS
operations.  All 8 of mine come from W6.  How many serious operations
are there from Canada for each contest?  2 or 3 at most.  How many
serious operations are on during the Sprints from the west coast?  7 or
8.  Just as an example, during WPX CW 2004, there were a grand total of
5 VE scores in the SOABHP category.  He still got 500 pts for that
contest, even though he only had to compete against 4 other guys.

The great thing about the sprint is that all the "big guns" get on for
it.  There is never a lack of competition.  You really have to earn
those points.

73,
Dan N6MJ