[CQ-Contest] 48 hours and health

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 48 hours and health
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:55:03 +0200
hny to all,

wanted to ask from the ones who have opertated 48 hours straight several
times if that has caused any problems to health or sleeping habits.

Being 28 years old now I have done it for 3 years now without any sleep in
CQWW twice a year and also a lot of 24 hour contests. I have seen that I
tend to wake up more often at night and don't get sleep so easily. I don't
think it is definitely connected to contesting but still maybe tens of years
of those efforts will have it's influence eventually.

People and some doctors tell that a few weekends a year staying up 2 nights
in a row would not harm much. Can anybody say opposite? Do some of you, old
timers, think that it has affected your health in some way?

With admiration and some anxiety I read about John's almost full blown 48h
effort from P40W 19 days after heart attack! Crazy people:)

73
tonno
es5tv