[CQ-Contest] Trying to compile list of all known Cabrillo contest IDs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Trying to compile list of all known Cabrillo contest IDs
From: David Burger <DBurger@energy.com.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:10:48 +1100
Firstly the Cabrillo Spec "contest lists" are dated.

I've actually written TWO contest loggers (in dBase3+ and MS Excel) which
cover off all the contests I can enter from Oceania...   In essence, after
analysis, there are just 2 cabrillo formats 'specified', serial number
based, and fixed response (eg zone or power or name).    Agreed there are
odd Cabrillo implementations like SS and others, but that's just academic
for us in Oceania...

My loggers even allow me to generate a Cabrillo 'format compliant' log for
anything (apart from the USA SS)...   I'd even made up a name for the
Delaware QSOP entry I did back in 2002  what you put into the Contest name
or Category is up the the "BOT" or organiser to sort out.  Even the Idaho
QSO part listed earlier this month asks for Cabrillo.

It is easy to import cabrillo data into Excel, dBase3+, OS2database
manager, Access etc, so if I were to ever become a contest organiser, it
is a sensible starting point.

Jim is on the right path, and hopefully his excellent research will be
picked up by the Cabrillo website. If you don't push, there is no
progress.
Cheers,    VK2CZ

David Burger

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail
and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your
business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More
information about how we handle your personal information, including your right
of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.