[CQ-Contest] Call For Inputs, NCJ Contesting on a Budget, Mar-Apr 06

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Call For Inputs, NCJ Contesting on a Budget, Mar-Apr 06
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:53:08 EST
Hello everyone,

Here is the topic for the next issue, unfortunately it is one that many of
us can relate to in light of recent events.  As always, thanks in advance  for
what I am sure will be some interesting responses.

Contingencies:  With the string of natural disasters  lately, what is the
most cost-effective way to deal with them?  Do you purchase insurance, or do
you
overbuild your station to deal with potential catastrophic events?  Once a
disaster has happened, what  cost-effective workarounds help keep you on the
air
and in the game?  What back-up resources are the best  investments?  Are
there single-point  failure modes and how do you deal with them?  As always, I
look forward to your  responses.
Please provide inputs by  Friday the 20th. Look forward to hearing from you.
Paul, K5AF