[CQ-Contest] Wires only?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wires only?
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:13:06 EST
Why not just define 'wires only" as a half wave dipole, or vertical, No
rhombics. No VEE beams, ect. It can be spelled out in the rules...I, for one,
agree with a wires only. The TB/single element in WPX is useless. It would be
better served as a "single element only", meaning half wave dipole, or
vertical. Yeah, I know a half wave dipole isn't technically a single element,
but,
hey, lets be real.

These days of worsening neighborhood Gestapo groups, adding a class like
this will only help in growing our ranks. There are MANY hams I have tried to
get into contesting, that try it, get hammered by stations that are much larger

(including better ops), & get discouraged, and drop out. If we can get a
real little pistol category up, it will help swell the available number of
stations to work, and how can that be bad?

Just my 2 cents worth...

73-Chuck KI9A