Re: [CQ-Contest] Memorable SS Fun-etics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Memorable SS Fun-etics
From: Ben Coleman <nj8j@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:33:21 -0500

Memorable phonetics occur a lot in Field Day, too, especially around 3AM.
That was about the time that someone operating the Mountaineer Amateur Radio
Association station W8SP came up with "Whiskey Eight Super Pickle".  That one
would break pileups.  I still remember the response from one station when I
used those phonetics: "I wanna work the pickle station!".

It stuck, too.  The next year one of the XYLs took a cloth cucumber and added
an S and a cape, giving us a 'mascot' while operating.

Ben
- --
Ben Coleman nj8j@arrl.net
 "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
                                            Paul Tomblin