[CQ-Contest] Only 80 Days Until the FQP....

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Only 80 Days Until the FQP....
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:48:37 -0500
      I can't help but to remember that this is the time of the year that those
"Only ## Days Until the FQP"
    posts by the the late Jim White, K4OJ would start showing up on the
reflector. What great reading
    that was !!  Hearing the W4AN call all over the 160 meter band this past
weekend made me think
   about these two guys who we lost a couple years ago.... If I remember right
the FOC Marathon,
   which is this weekend, was the last contest JIm operated.

     Anyway, the purpose of my post is this.  I have the desire go rovering
again in the FQP this year.
   My usual partner K4BAI is unavailable. I have contacted some of my old MRRC
buddies who like
   to do this type of thing and they are also unavailable. I thought I would
post a message on here to
  see if anyone would be interested in joining me ??  I have everything we
would need. Previous
  rovering experience would be nice but is not required.

    It takes a certain type of person to do this.  Being mobile you are not
always loud and it can be a
  struggle at times... but despite this you need to stay aggresive. But when
you get in the right spot
  you get a pileup going it's as good as it gets as if you were in the
Carribean during a DX
 contest..You need to be a hot shot CW operator because 90% of our contacts
would be on CW. If you
 are seriously interested send me a private email and we can talk.

  Jeff , KU8E