[CQ-Contest] Balun design

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Balun design
From: "Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:32:53 +0000
I need a balun design to match 50 ohm unbalanced to 100 ohm balanced (2:1).
  I have a T-200-2 core and am winding it as follows:

A bifiliar winding with one long and 1 short wire.   This goes for 12 turns
and then the shorter wire stops at the halfway point.   The longer wire
continues for 12 more turns.

When I test it with my MFJ-269 (2 50 ohm resistors in series),  the best SWR
I get is 2.1:1.   The resistive and reactive values are both about 45 ohms.
  I've tried removing/adding turns to the primary and secondary windings and
the SWR gets worse.

Am I missing something?   Is there a better way?

73
Guy, N7ZG