Re: [CQ-Contest] www.QSLL.com

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] www.QSLL.com
From: "Gerard Lynch" <gerrylynch@freenetname.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:42:01 -0000
From: "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>

>I see is that they say they will manually complete the QSL cards for a
>penny per QSO - even assuming six QSOs a
> minute, that would only be $3.60 an hour, not what I'd call a living wage.

Yes, but you don't live in Serbia, Pete. 3.60 x 40 hours a week x 50 weeks a
year = US$7700 which is a bloody good wage in many parts of the world.
Hell, my gap year job in GI (and we're talking less than 10 years ago here)
paid about that much, and living costs are a lot higher in GI than they are
in YU.

73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."