Re: [CQ-Contest] No DX Summit spots for 18 February!

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No DX Summit spots for 18 February!
From: "Simon Brown (HB9DRV)" <simon@hb9drv.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:21:21 +0100
I noticed that the DX Clusters such as OH2AQ (and my own) were being hit
much harder than normal over the weekend. I had almost 4,000 simultaneous
connections at one time to the web service, whereas there were only 13
direct connections to the actual cluster node which sits behind the web
service. My server was streaming an average of 2 megabits/second of DX
cluster data during the contest.

FWIW in two weeks I am going to bring a new dual XEON server online to
handle the load.

Thank goodness I don't pay for the bandwidth!

Simon Brown
---
http://blog.hb9drv.ch/