Re: [CQ-Contest] Looking at my log

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Looking at my log
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 03:21:36 -0000
From: "Tom Frenaye" <frenaye@pcnet.com>
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:12 PM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Looking at my log

> When doing search/pounce for QSOs, do most people tune
> only one way?  Mostly low to high?   When I tune I like to
> hear a new signal starting with a high pitch, the I stop
> when it gets close to 450/500 Hz.

It was the TS-930 that used LSB on cw. I had one too, and
now use "cw-reverse" on the TS-850. I also think most people
tune from the low end of the band to the high end. I think
you get more "collisions" if you are swimming against the
main stream. I'm sure everyone likes to tune from high pitch
to low pitch, rather than have a station pop right up out of
zero beat, and most rigs default to USB.

Now, all I have to do is figure out why my multiplier in the
Sprint is consistently lower than other people who have
similar qso totals. Maybe that is the true benefit of so2r,
which I don't do in the Sprint.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ