Re: [CQ-Contest] F6KAR Audio Streaming Coupe du REF SSB 2006

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] F6KAR Audio Streaming Coupe du REF SSB 2006
From: Oliver Dröse <droese@necg.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:37:45 +0100
Hi Nick,

thanks for the great service - a lot of fun to listen to the stream while
sitting here in my Cologne condo without any antennae. ;-)

But what I experienced: just right now (Saturday, 11:20z +/-) there are quite
some stations calling with rather small signals. While I could usually get
their
callsigns on there first call your operator's got really trouble to identify
them and most times giving up after the 2nd or 3rd try. I wonder why? Maybe
there's some difference between what I can hear via the stream and what the OP
gets in his headphones? Maybe some kind of headphone impendance mismatch or the
like? Or just someone operating with bad hearing? ;-) Sorry, I really don't
want
to offend but it is obvious that there must be something wrong what explains
the
difference between the very good streaming quality and readability (even the
QRM
is of good quality, hihi) and that what your operator (not) hears.

Anyway, best of luck in the contest!

Vy 73, Olli - DH8BQA