Re: [CQ-Contest] Freaking me out

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Freaking me out
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:10:08 -0800
Ha, ha - good questions Art.

In looking for digi contests between now and FD so I can provide some op
training I ran across the Anatolian RTTY.  I pulled out my looseleaf
binder of contest rules and discovered I had the rules for 2002 buried
in there.  In 2002, it was an all band affair.

When I went to their website to check on the rules for 2006, all I found
were rules for 2005 (not a good sign with only 2 months to go).  The
2005 rules says it was 160m only.  If 2006 is also 160m only, obviously
it won't be on my list.  If 2006 is all bands, then it will.  I'd like
to know which it will be soon as I want to give the ops as much advance
notice as possible.

There's an implicit assumption here that there's enough activity to make
it worthwhile bringing ops in.  Haven't checked last year's results yet.

BTW, the Anatolian isn't just about working TA.  It's everybody works
everybody with the twist that TA call areas are mults.

73, Jim VE7FO