[3830] NCCC Sprint practice Thur.

To: nccc@contesting.com, 3830@contesting.com,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint practice Thur.
From: Ken Keeler <kenkeeler@jazznut.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:55:31 -0700
The summer series, starting next Thur. Apr. 20 local, with the new scoring
format will really be a fun and challenging 30 minutes each week on Thursday.

Tonight there were about 17-20 active stations, and with the NS dupe rule,
activity was about all any of us could handle.  Despite QRN, this warmup
was a fun one.  I made NO Qs in the first 2 minutes, beat out by
skip/timing, then rate accelerated.  Missed some of our regulars:  K4BAI,
N3BB, VA3NR, and many TCG gang - no TN mult. tonite!

20: 14 x 7
40:  27 x 13
80:  13 x 5
160:  I forgot to go there - mults count on all four bands!

Tot:  54 x 25 = 1350

Tnx to W0YK for the TRLog commands, it worked great.  Ed has set up a
detailed web site for this contest series at:  http://www.ncccsprint.com/

This is the best SO2R practice you can get, but it can work well for an
agile one-radio guy.  Give this a try, starting next Thur.

N6RO