[CQ-Contest] Big plans! NEQP 2006

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Big plans! NEQP 2006
From: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@pcnet.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:07:11 -0400
The fifth running of the New England QSO Party is this next weekend - May 6-7.
 We consolidated a few smaller QSO parties into one that covers all 67 counties
in the six New England states and have had a lot of fun in the last four years.

A brief summary -

The contest has two periods - 2000Z Saturday May 6 until 0500Z Sunday May 7
(4pm ET Saturday until 1am ET Sunday) and 1300Z Sunday May 7 until 2400Z Sunday
May 7 (9am ET Sunday until 8pm ET Sunday).   Operate on 80-40-20-15-10m, CW and
SSB (digital modes count as CW).   Non-New England stations count two points
for CW/digital QSOs, one for SSB QSOs.  Multiply by the number of counties
worked for total score.
Categories for QRP/low power/high power/mobile/multi-op.   All 67 counties will
be active - watch for bunch of mobiles!

We have good support from a wide variety of logging programs - CT, CQPWin,
GenLog, JL, N1MMLogger, NA, N3FJP, SD, TR, Win-EQF, Writelog.
Electronic logs in Cabrillo format are preferred but we're happy to get paper
logs as well.

The full rules are at http://www.neqp.org/

Certificates and printed results are sent to all participants who send in a
log.   Thirty really nice looking plaques are available thanks to a lot of club
and individual sponsors.   US stations outside of New England making more than
150 (or 250) QSOs also will receive a sample from New England - maple syrup or
Ben&Jerry's ice cream...    The top single operator entrant will receive a
lobster dinner for two (thanks Framingham ARA).   See the web site for full
details and results from previous contests.

New England stations planning to be active, even for a short while, are asked
to let us know what county you'll be on from so we can update our "Reserve Your
County" listings (tnx CQP).  Send a note to info@neqp.org

We also hope the new 7QP will be successful this weekend!  I hope everyone will
make this a multiple contest effort!

              -- Tom/K1KI