Re: [CQ-Contest] Vee beams

To: duncan@mscvalencia.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Vee beams
From: "Dale Putnam" <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 18:14:15 -0600
Hi Duncan,
  I have built a few Vee Beams, and rhombics, and helped/advised building a
couple for fixed/point to point use for specific traffic nets. They are
rather fun to use, and interesting to compare to other antennas. They all
have a specific angle to work best, and that needs to be looked at closely
to enable it to be compared accurately, to another antenna. They all have
better results being higher, however, even in a lower configuration of less
than 10 meters, they are usable. Just take into account the lower elements
and make adjustments to the design.
But enough specualtion, if I can help, answer specifics, I'd be happy to. No
problem. Like what freq are you looking for, and one last thing.... they are
really tuff to rotate. (unless you have more than one) *chuckle*
Dale - WC7S in Wy.