Re: [CQ-Contest] Montenegro - a new Ham country?

To: "Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie@dailydx.com>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Montenegro - a new Ham country?
From: "Pat Collins N8VW" <n8vw@linuxcolumbus.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2006 13:03:37 -0400
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:24:43 -0400, "Bernie McClenny, W3UR"
<bernie@dailydx.com> wrote :

> As far as ham radio (DXCC) is concerned we are all waiting for one of two
> things to happen.  Once Montenegro becomes a member of the United Nations
> (UN) or the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) officially allocates
> a prefix block specially to be used by Montenegro then and only then will it
> be added to the DXCC list as a new country.

So how are all those other places like Heard Island that aren't UN members
and don't have ITU  prefix blocks counted?   Heck, most of them don't even
have governments...

Things like this just make me realize why I have no interest in DXCC.

Pat N8VW