[CQ-Contest] Computer control of IC-736

To: <CQ-CONTEST@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computer control of IC-736
From: "WILLIAMS, MARK S" <markswilliams@clearchannel.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:47:42 -0500
Guys,

I'm trying to set up computer control of an IC-736 with TR Log for this
weekend's VHF test. I have "logcfg.dat" set up with Radio= IC736 and
have tried just about every baud rate I can think of. I'm using an Icom
CT17 (or whatever they call their interface box). The only baud rate I
see any response from the radio is 9600 and at that rate I can change
bands up and down from 160 to 75 meters and then the program goes crazy
trying to figure out which band the radio is on. Anybody using a 736
with TR log? Care to share your logcfg.dat settings?

The rig is on loan. Actually I'm trying to get it configured for a
friend. Have no manual for the radio.

Please reply to the listserv and directly to me at k9gx@n4gn.com

Thanks,

Mark, K9GX