Re: [CQ-Contest] Feed Your Writer!

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Feed Your Writer!
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:58:39 -0400
David Thompson wrote: "I agreed with moving the ARRL section reports out of
QST as it took many pages each month and most of us did not know the hams in
a distant section and the info was short lived anyway.  Line scores from
contests are contest history.  Contesters get to know each other better than
any other part ofamateur radio. It is sad the line scores are gone from QST
(save Field day)."

Absolutely agree!!  Along with receiving my first certificate (KY section,
1982 ARRL 10 meter contest), and "seeing my call in print", got me hooked. I
still have the QST that contained those line scores. I can't remember the
last time I looked at the section reports, and when I did, it certainly
didn't interest me!
As a Life Member, I've offered to trade my lifetime subscription to QST, for
a lifetime subscription to NCJ. Once upon a time, I looked forward to
receiving QST, just to see which contest results it contained! Now, I treat
it as just another piece of "I'll open it later", mail.
I don't keep reading material in the "library",  but it's nice to sit down
and compare scores, in print, rather than "jump through all the hoops",
necessary to do so online?  I have no interest in printing those line
scores, not even the section results, then, reading them at my leisure.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW