[CQ-Contest] Icom 746 Pro ATU

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Icom 746 Pro ATU
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:00:54 -0600
For some reason my Icom 746 Pro ATU will not work on 15m when loading a
C31XR feed with separate feedlines. The swr is below 1.5:1 from 21000 to
21400 and rise to 2.2 at 21450. The ATU works fine if I try to load the 20m
ant on 15m so I presume the ATU is work - at least some  what.

The impedance of the antenna measured at the rig at the end of feedline that
is cut to multiples of lamda/2 on 15m ranges from  50-j1 to 35+j32.

The ATU works fine on other bands under similar conditions.

Any suggests why this might be the case?

tnx Syl

Sylvan Katz - VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK