[CQ-Contest] updated version of Doctor DX?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] updated version of Doctor DX?
From: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:44:52 -0400
Was thumbing through a box of stuff that I've uncovered from my old home and
found documentation for an old Commodore 64 program - Doctor DX.

Many of you may remember this old cartridge program which was one of the first
computerized contest trainers.  At the time, it was a marvel.

You set your latitude/longitude and started a CQWW type contest.  You could
run, you could search and pounce.  You could change bands; could could move up
and down the band and the CW speed rates correlated to what we see in real life
(QRQ at the bottom of the band and QRS at the high end).  You could even change
your "transmitting" power.

Here is a review of the software:
http://kb2ljj.serveftp.com/yaesu/FT-757_QST_Review.pdf

I know that VE3NEA has a great trainer that emulates contests (complete with
LIDS, QRN, static crashes).  But, I always remember the variability of the
Doctor DX program.

Has anybody ever updated or adapted Doctor DX for PC or XP systems?  Or is it
possible to do it?  Would love to see the combination of VE3NEA's reality with
the variable tuning and S/P nature of Doctor DX.

73 Rich NN3W