Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU

To: "Frank Hunt" <zl2br@ihug.co.nz>,"CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU
From: "Frank Hunt" <zl2br@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:43:37 +1200
Tim,

Your map and all the other "amateur" ITU maps are based on the the ITU
CIRAF zone map. Even a close examination of your map shows France is in
3 zones.

The significant difference between the two is the water only zones, ie. 76-85
(CIRAF) and 76-90 (Amateur). (JD1mt is an exception)

So as I said before it's best to use the tables rather than maps to define what
zone you or the other station is in.

73, Frank ZL4BR