[CQ-Contest] Worked All Dupes (WAD) Contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Worked All Dupes (WAD) Contest
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:53:57 -0700
Happy 4th of July, fellow Contesters...the "Mother of all Contests" may be
coming soon to a Bandmap near you :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA

[From an NCCC Post with permission from AE6Y to use his comments about Dupes on
Field Day]

"SIDEBAR":  Ya gotta know I got Andy's permission in writing, 'cuz he's an
Attorney :-)

=======
(Captured from the [NCCC] [W6YX-NEWS] W6YX/K6SU Field Day Results thread)...

Contesting Guru Andy, AE6Y, wrote:

> It was actually worse than indicated, as I started telling dupes that we
> worked before, and didin't rework them.  Only one station argued (and I was
> correct, but maybe they logged us wrong), so I just worked that one again.
> When things were slow, I would work the dupe, just to put something in the
> log and keep talking, hi.

Methinks part of the FD dupe problems come from so many "once-a-year" ops that
show up and either don't know how to use the software (or whoever set things up
didn't turn on dupe control)...or else they do not use any software.

Well, all of the comments got me to thinking.

What about a brand spankng new contest... "Worked All Dupes" (a/k/a "WAD")???

Since the 4th of July is just around the corner, images came to mind of all the
"Pooper Scoopers" that follow the Equestrian entries in the parades.

So, Andy...Mr. CQPWIN creator/programmer...how about a CQPWIN "WAD" contest
module, that has a special SO2R "DUPER SNOOPER" feature?  Just think about all
the fun and excitement of watching Bandmaps automatically fill up with Dupes to
work!!!  While you're working dupes on one band, the Duper Snooper" is quietly
auto-scannng another band and Packet sources via Artifical Intelligence Modules
to populate the "Mother of all Dupes-To-Work Lists".

Gotta be great, OM.  Go-For-It. {next comment deleted}

73...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust