[CQ-Contest] CTDXCC "Contest Branch" Meeting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CTDXCC "Contest Branch" Meeting
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:01:10 -0500
 From the CTDXCC Reflector. All are invited.

de N3BB for K5NA and the CTDXCC Contesters.

This is a reminder about the Contester Meeting at K5NA's QTH on July 23rd.
Everyone (contesters and those interested in contesting) is invited.

If you are planning on coming and staying for the dinner, let me know. I
need to give the restaurant a rough head count for their meeting room.

The IARU HF World Championship Contest has just completed and there are a
lot of good scores from Texas. Those of you that participated might bring
your summary and rate sheets to the meeting so we can compare notes. It
would be interesting to have a round-table discussion about the strategy of
operating the IARU from Texas. This is, of course, in addition to the
report we will get from the WRTC by K5TR.

If anyone is on the NTCC reflector, would you forward this invite to them.

Also feel free to forward this to any area contester that you think might
be interested.

73, Richard - K5NA

DATE/TIME:      July 23, 2006 from 1:00PM until 5:00 PM.

LOCATION:       The K5NA station outside of Austin, TX. Snacks and soft
drinks will be available.

PROGRAMS:       Several informal programs:

    * A station inspection tour and checkout of what's new at the K5NA station.
    * George Fremin, K5TR, will be back from his participation in the WRTC
Championship in Brazil and will be presenting the high points of his trip.
    * Terry Gerdes, AB5K, and Tom Whiteside, N5TW, will team up and host a
"show and tell" of tower climbing apparel and a discussion about how they
use their climbing belts, harnesses, and other climbing hardware.
    * Joe Staples, W5ASP, the W5 Contest Advisory Committee representative,
will be here to discuss current contesting issues. Joe will be soliciting
our input on to take back to the committee.
    * There will be a discussion about the IARU contest, contest conditions
and Texas-area results, as time allows.

DINNER: After the meeting, we will QSY to dinner at Ramos Restaurant, one
of the best Tex-Mex eating spots in Central Texas. The dinner with be dutch
treat, but I will need to give them an approximate head count to see if we
need to reserve their meeting room. Let me know if you want to eat with us
on Sunday afternoon.

LODGING:        If anyone is driving a long way and wants to stay over
either Saturday or Sunday night, there is a Quality Inn and Suites Motel in
Manor on Highway 290 about 6.5 miles from the K5NA station. If anyone is
interested in staying over, I will look into getting a group rate there.
Let me know.

k5na@ecpi.com