Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQ stns inIARUcontest

To: ua9cdc@r66.ru
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQ stns inIARUcontest ?
From: "wally" <wally@el-soft.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:04:27 +0300
I'm afraid this has gone farther than I guessed.

I am out of this game :-). No more comments from my side.

Wally

--- "igor sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru> wrote:

 "Igor, as quite correctly mentioned yourself in your posting on QRZ.RU
strategy of DA0HQ guys leads to the fact that their win does not depend
too much on their skills as operators ,but on number of DL stns they will
work during the contest. You gave similar instructions to your fellow hams
from UA."

Not, really Valery. Operating skill as well as strategy, setup and geography
all impact the result. I simply wanted to emphasize the importance of
organizational component.

"I do not share the same view on contesting. It should depend on the
abilities of the operators, too.( and believe me DF0HQ ops are very skilled
guys )

Again this contest is unique.Here we talk about organizations competing
against each other.

We are a long way from Germans. Anyway this year organizational work
increased the number of Russian stations worked. This increase will hopefully
be enough because we get 5 point for every EU Russian contact while Germans
get only one. We did not ask Russians to work only R9HQ. We simply asked them
to work in the contest. But we have spent some efforts to make sure the
message reaches many more people then subscribed to internet reflectors.
Still there were plenty who did not participate but were chatting to each
other. To persuade people in Russia work in the contest is very difficult. In
the Soviet era those who worked in the contest and did not send their logs
were severely punished. That psychological barrier still exists and is a
barrier to attracting more people into contesting

73, Igor UA9CDC