[CQ-Contest] BAD NEWS - CX7BY - Silent Key

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] BAD NEWS - CX7BY - Silent Key
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:03:16 -0300
Today is a very sad day for the ham radio in Uruguay, in South America
and I believe anywhere in the world that, has passed away Raul CX7BY,
product of a disease that he had since several months ago.

An excellent person, a great FRIEND, an exemplary radio ham, always
worried about our Hobby, at national level through the Radio Club of
Uruguay, at international level in innumerable meetings of the IARU,
always worried because our country had a Regulation of Radio Hams
updated and that the Uruguayan ham radio had a remarkable presence.

A few weeks of the end of 2006 IARU contest, comes to my mind the memory
from the 2005 IARU contest, where Raul worked so hard with other friends
to have in the air the official station of the RCU, CX1AA,  to have a
remarkable presence in this contest, many of the rad    io comunity
worked him!

Nor that to speak of the memories that now come to my mind, in the
decade of the 80´s, when I start in ham radio and I spent hours and
hours in his QTH learning next to him, nights and dawns that found us in
some small contest to improve my skills, talking a lot and picking up
callsigns in the log.

Many will have contacted with him, CW, phone, packet, more recently by
mail, he always be QAP to listening and ready to give a hand.

Raúl, is nice to know that you will be in our memory and that from the
heaven you always will be there with us in each contest.

Until always!

your friends.....

PD: you can e mail me at cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy with any message for
his family. I will print and send to the family.