[CQ-Contest] Bencher paddles

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Bencher paddles
From: Keith Kerr <k.kerr@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:11:01 +0100
It is interesting to observe the 'drift' on a subject as the number of
postings increases.....our version of 'Chinese whispers' I guess.

My Bencher attracted attention due to its odd X-Ray profile. On examination
it attracted attention due to its weight. (As an aside, when I do my 9M2
trips I carry very light-weight cheapo plastic paddles and stick 'em to the
bench/table/suitcase/floor.....OK but Bencher is better).

I am delighted that security stopped me and searched me. I would have been
disturbed if they had waved all that paraphernalia through with no comment.

What did bother me was the 'positive' chemical screening test. Perhaps it
was a glitch. No-one else has so-far reported one.

Keith GM4YXI (GM7V)