[CQ-Contest] ft1kd vs ft1kmp

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ft1kd vs ft1kmp
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:20:58 -0500
Hi all,

I see that the Ft1000d is now, on average, a couple hun more than a used FT1kMP.

Just out of curiosity, what does the collective wisdom say about the
differences between rigs for contesting.

It seems to me that DSP has become the easy way out, and that it still doesn't
replace sound receiver engineering.

The FT1kD didn't have the key clicks, did it?

My rigs now are an IC756PRO and a TS850SAT. I've had a few people say they
trade either, or both, for an FT1kD in a heartbeat.

I'd be really interested to hear of anybody who's put an FT2k through the paces.

73, kelly
ve4xt