[CQ-Contest] W2EV Stew Perry Analysis

To: CQ-Contest MailList <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] W2EV Stew Perry Analysis
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:27:08 -0700 (PDT)
This was my first Stew Perry (and first 160 meter
contest).  I was a search-and-pounce operator.  My
station consisted of 100 watts to an inverted Vee at
40-feet.  How?d I do?

I scored 266/480 (all categories, all stations).  45th
Percentile (55% of the participants beat my score).

While I may have been elated initially, that all
changed after downloading the results table and
analyzing things a bit more:

Against all Single Operator stations, I was 257/467 ?
45th Percentile again
Against only SO, Low Power, I was 109/207 ? 47th
percentile (Hey, pretty cool!)

Then, reality struck...
Against all SO?s in the FN field, I was 41/63 ? 35th
percentile
Against SO, LP in the FN field, I was 22/31 ? 29th
percentile
Against all SO?s in FN02/03 (my immediate area), I was
a sad 6/7 ? 15th Percentile

My best DX was only half of all other stations in my
area.  Also, my QSO count was ½ to ¼ that of others in
my area.  I am now asking myself what I could do to
improve next time.

Thanks to the Boring Oregon club for sponsoring the
event!

Ev, W2EV