Re: [CQ-Contest] not top-10 box competitions & comparisons

To: kr2q@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] not top-10 box competitions & comparisons
From: "Dale Putnam" <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 08:25:24 -0600
12&3 very important. 4 as relative to surrounding area for sure, unless within
10 wavelength to water
5 don't care,
6 in db would be good, under 1,5,10,100,500,1500 works pretty well for
comparing.
7 & 8 could be combined
9 good
10, 11, 12 are all good too.
13 could be for intense effort, or simply light participation. Tried hard or
simply tired.
14 homebrew or commercial antenna/rig

Thanks, --...   ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy

> Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 08:43:02 -0400> From: kr2q@optonline.net> To:
> cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: [CQ-Contest] not top-10 box competitions
> & comparisons> > HI all:> > Okay, lots of (some?) folks what to "know how did
> I do against my peers" > but under the current reporting methodology cannot.>
> > So....let's first assume that Cabrillo will be modified to accomodate
> "extra" fields > (a big assumption).> > What exactlyl would be "important"
> for you non-top-ten types to view in order to > make a serious comparison?  I
> am looking for real input, not silly stuff.> > I might see:> > 1.  Number and
> height of towers / antennas> > 2.  Antenna description(s). [maybe "tribander"
> is too broad...TA33JR vs one of those>  monsters on a 50' plus boom might not
> seem "fair" -- or stacked tribanders]> > 3.  Description of rig(s) used.  > >
> 4.  Distance from salt water / Elevation: absolute and relative to
> surrounding X km.> > 5.  Coax loss / age of coax / type of coax (or open
> wire, etc
 )> > 6.  Power output in 100 watt increments for "HP"> > 7.  Years experience
contesting> > 8.  Number of times: Participation at a M/M or M/S> > 9.
Listening antennas> > 10.  Hours participation> > 11.  Your age> > 12.  Your
"comfortable" CW speed for contesting> > 13....> > So...what is important to
YOU?  Again, let's just assume that this stuff can be (somehow) made> available
to the public.  What listed above is important?  What listed above is "stupid?"